Thursday, September 02, 2010

Quick delicious breakfast or snack smoothie

I just realized the granola I've been eating for the past 2 weeks has close to 500 calories a serving!  Holy moly.  And I don't even like it that much...it makes my belly hurt a bit, perhaps because its so heavy or maybe a result of the amount of sugar in it.  It has raisins in it, fair enough, but also extra cane sugar.  That's why I like to make my own granola at home, so I can control the sugar level, but I haven't perfected it quite yet.  Oh how I miss the low fat granola @ the Berkeley Bowl.
Anyway, I've been super into smoothies for a while and managed to get myself to abandon my date, almond, raw cocoa powder favorite for something new.  This was really simple and delicious.

Tropical Smoothie

1/2 - 1 banana to your preferences
2 tbs dessicated coconut
1 cup frozen mango chunks
about 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk

Blend and serve. The coconut and soy provide some protein and help to fill you up.  I like to serve mine in a wine glass to make it a little extra special.

No comments: