Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Decadent, Easy, 5 minute Breakfast, What more could you ask for?

I'm the type of gal who used to eat two bowls of cereal for breakfast as a kid, and be perfectly happy to eat nothing else all day until dinner. In stark contrast to my brother who rolled out of bed just moments before it was time to hop in the car and get to school. I continue to be a breakfast eater. There is never enough time in the mornings, so I'm always searching and concocting quick, balanced, healthy, and delicious breakfasts. This one is inspired by a picture of raisin toast with blue cheese on the walls of Whole Foods in Berkeley

What you need:
2 slices of Raisin Bread. I like Ezekial's Raisin Bread for its whole-grain, calorie-lightness
A tart goat cheese (the one that comes in log form)
Handful toasted walnuts
Local Honey, warmed (a good local honey is well worth the investment)

To assemble:
Toast bread,
Spread Goat cheese on each slice
Top with toasted walnuts and drizzle with warm local honey.

Delicious and healthy! I'll be returning to this one.

1 comment:

Christina said...

YUMMY!! this sound delicious!